T-38 Talon Park Jet

Dusty

Advert

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/IMG_0350_1.jpg

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/IMG_0351_1.jpg

The front and aft fuselage can now be joined together after the wing has been expoied into place. The top deck is fitted to help hold the two parts while it dries. Next to make the motor mount and elevator before permantly glueing the top deck. The plan has no design for access hatches so this might be the time to think of where to mark out the access panels. My F-15 has about 5 as after a couple of belly landings servo wires come loose out of the reciever etc,

Shaun just browsed the manual, the designer made it with a pusher, there's loads of files there for pusher or EDF, swing wing or fixed wing! Bobs your uncle with this model by looks of it, twin EDF with swing wing-a man in need of speed, sounds like you Shaun. If you stuck with the pusher fixed wing it would be a simple build, going the otherway would be interesting. The wing mechenism looks like a really clever idea, I have never seen a swing wing model except for the lucking guy on Youtube with a big scale F-14.

I might give it ago myself after the Talon and if the Mrs hasnt left me after messing the house up with depron off cuts everywhere!

HI Xander, just sent you those plans, check your email!! Ya just looking at a paint scheme now for this, the topgun F-5 one would be cool but bland as all black with red stars! Maybe one of tha NASA schemes. I have white, red, and 2 different shades of blue depron paints, so thunderbirds scheme?

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/1297733.jpg

I ordered another motor to put int he Talon tommorow, rated 210W, I will have it tommorow afternoon, shouldnt take long to mount so paint will be tommorow evening for sure and a maiden Friday? weather?

Hopefully wont need one your ejection seats , browsing pics of T-38's not many have the red triangles, but I will put some on anyway. Bit gutted my aircraft encyclopedia does not have a decent drawing of this aircraft to see where the panel lines are, if anyone has one please post! thanks

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/IMG_0362_1.jpg

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/IMG_0363_1.jpg

Resembles a T-38 now, radio gear is installed and all control surfaces are working including the flaperons. Only hold up now is waiting for the ESC to arrive so the extension wires can be routed to the cockpit/battery compartment and the deck can be glued on and final shaping of the turtle deck and air intakes!

Thanks guys for the comments and the pics! Xander cheers for the panel lines too! I put a T-tail (thingy?) on top of the tail like the real thing just for extra detail! A clear conopy would be nice to add some cockpit detail.

That last paint scheme might be easier to do that the thunder birds one and not so toyish/camp either! I will try mix up some colours and have a test on some scrap peices to see.

Until tommorow!

I could do but maybe someone who has better building skills/better shaping skills might be able to get a better looking mould! I have just filled it again, I suppose we can wait till the end result and see how it comes out as a finnished product.

I think I have just stumbled accross 125% and 200% plans for this, I will download, if you want a massive depron jet PM me and I'll send them! by the looks of it you will need a whole bunch of depron for 200% parkjet  and a non complaining wife as well as a garage!

Shaun I just rumbled through my stock and I have some F-15 canopy's from Grant @FJ, abit of modifying of the clear canopy and you could make it resemble a F-5/F-20. I think he sells them for about £2, I might make up another canopy base and try mod it and see what it looks like. The problem might be the T-38 has a curve on the canopy saddle unlike Grants F-15 canopy is for a flat base so it might be abit small?

Another way of saving money on canopies is to save the plastic packing that many things come in these days. Even though they are usually vac formed into the shape of the thing they enclose a minute or so in a hot oven will shrink it back to its sheet form near enough to be used to form a canopy from your mould. I make all of my canopies this way and while they might not be up to the standard of a shop bought one at least you can get the shape and size you want and the materials are free