What is this maneuver called?

Evening all, I have seen a wonderful aerobatic thing performed by a funfly model. It was this:

Aeroplane slows down into wind until pretty much stationary relative to ground, then ( I think ) all horizontal control surfaces go up and the aeroplane descends vertically whilst parallel to ground until surfaces re centr, engine opens up and it flies off.

Anyone know what this is called and how it's done?

Cheers All.

Descending vertically, "elevator"

Harrier is slow flight forward, very slow, at around 30 to 45 deg pitch. Partially hanging on the prop.

You will require a cheap foamie 3d model to practice either with

Learning the 3d maneuver set is like learning to fly all over again.

Posted by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 06/05/2019 22:08:05:

Evening all, I have seen a wonderful aerobatic thing performed by a funfly model. It was this:

Aeroplane slows down into wind until pretty much stationary relative to ground, then ( I think ) all horizontal control surfaces go up and the aeroplane descends vertically whilst parallel to ground until surfaces re centr, engine opens up and it flies off.

Anyone know what this is called and how it's done?

Cheers All.

Coupling barndoor ailerons with elevator to give large amounts of up can give very odd behavior. Put it on as a switchable mix engage the mix at least 3 mistakes high and have a helper on hand to switch out the mix if you are engaged.

ELEVATOR!! Thank you . I definitely didn't mean the Harrier - I know what one of those is Thanks Nigel. Cheap battered but flyable foamy 3d model in hand, waiting for Wednesday ( we can only fly Wed, Fri and Sun at our site. )

Yes it does look a lot of fun to learn. I wonder if it's a bit like learning to snowboard after learning to ski? ( They look the same but in many cases you have to do exactly the opposite to get the same result. This means you eat a lot of snow, and thus in this case, bend a lot of foam. Or need lots of new trousers)