Youtube Rc Videos - Heavy Metal

mfin

I wonder if anyone is not yet aware of the amount of RC videos on youtube.com?? There's a hell of a lot of them.

What I find quite funny though is the high percentage of what I refer to as 'berks' who decide to desperately over-dramatise their flights by adding a heavy metal or 'banging' soundtrack. Its ever so nice of them to do it, it makes the video look a lot more exciting, sometimes its almost like watching an action sequence from a major hollywood blockbuster - i don't think. Perhaps when they're flying they feel like an action hero and can almost hear the sounds of 'van halen' pumping through their veins. More likely they're concentrating on flying I reckon.

But anyway, its great that all these videos keep being added, you can find a lot of specific models if you search and look around a lot, if you haven't already, give it a go.

If anyone likes pretty daft 3d flying and hovering by the way try searching for 'Bill Hempel Goes Wild' or just 'Bill Hempel'.

Advert

No you don't want to hear the engine, you want to hear some extreme metal, it makes it so much more exciting. It sort of sums up the sheer adrenaline that must be pulsing through the heart of the pilot. He is, after all, experiencing an incredible 1 g (directly through his shoes into the grass) whilst at the same time moving his thumbs up to 20 millimetres at times.

No seriously, that's my point too, the music is harmless enough, each to their own, I'd just rather hear the planes.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi David

The vids I do are done with Windows Movie maker, If you have the latest XP or Vista then it will be in your all programs list, Its easy to use once you find all the different tabs and what they do, There is an online guide to that will show you how or if you like I can do a post on here explaining HOW TO as I did with the POSTING PIC's.

Have a go you'll be shocked at how much time you will waste just fiddling.

Best regards

Lee