BMFA hosted club web sites

Stuart Z

Hi,

I’m not a whizz at computers or tablets so am asking for help please. When I look up a club web site on my tablet, (iPad), those clubs that are hosted by BMFA will not come up. Not sure what the problem is. Can someone let me know please?

S

Advert

Stuart,

A few questions...

What do you actually see on your iPad? Do you get an error message; partially filled page ? etc

What URL are you using? Ours, for example, is **LINK** and displays fine on my iPad 4.

What iPad are you using?

Do you have this problem with any non-BMFA Wordpress sites? For example **LINK** ?

If you have a PC do the sites appear OK on that?

Not sure I have any answers, but the extra info may nudge some boffins into a solution!

Colin

I get a message saying “Safari could not open page as server stopped responding.” Not sure of the model of IPAD but the issue is the same on my iPhone 6.

Cymaz

I could open your link and the club web pages.

It seems to be where the URL has “.bmfa.” in the address . Others open fine when they don’t include that. The ones I looked at in your link didn’t have that.

I can access them via my desktop just fine.

Just don’t want to have to resort to that all the time.

Thanks both for your responses!

Edited By Stuart Z on 25/07/2019 07:40:06

Hi Stuart.

OK, the problem is nothing to do with the websites but is a known Safari issue - in fact I got that error myself earlier simply using Google.

I get it quite often across various random sites. Usually I just hit reload and the site will load fine.

If that doesn't work then there are a number of suggested remedies such as clearing the Safari cache or the browsing data.

You could also try an alternative browser such as Chrome or Puffin.

I find that when it happens with me the WiFi signal indicator has dropped to one bar which supports one of the theories I saw on line, in that the error occurs during the initial 'handshake' between the browser and the server. If that does not complete successful, e.g. due to signal issues, then the server sees it as a rogue connection and rejects it.

Hope this helps.