Indoor Flying NW no more

Stephen Jones

Hi, I have received a Email from Keith, BMFA NW Area.

Hi

It is with great regret that I have to tell you that the BMFA NW Area Rochdale Indoor flying sessions will not continue.

A new company, SLS School Letting Services, took over the letting of a numbers of school facilities when not in use by schools. Sadly the bookings I had made in April were not passed onto them and bookings every Saturday and Sunday for rollerblading were made.

After spending many, many weeks looking for an alternative venue that was both near our old hall and that was affordable have proved fruitless. This has forced the decision to cease the indoor fly-ins.

I will continue to look for an alternative venue and keep you informed if I have any success.

Thank you for your support over the years and let’s hope we can find somewhere to continue.

With your permission I will keep the ‘email list’ and contact you when/should I find somewhere suitable.

Kind regards

keith

This is Sad news.

sad Steve.

Edited By Stephen Jones on 03/09/2019 19:40:51

• 2 months later...

Hello Stephen,

I called into the indoor meeting at the Velodrome on Saturday and hoped to see you there, but maybe missed you. It's on again next month on the 7th December, hopefully it may be a regular gathering, quite a few from the Bury club looked to be there. I didn't see it on the North West events page of the BMFA website, it was in Aeromodeller though.

Regards,

Kieran.