What kit

Hi all, years ago I built a model called Twin Boom, designed by much missed Tom Wright. This was a model to learn as much as possible the black art of electrics. It was a great flier. I want to move on now to use the power train on a conventional vintage model. There's are no details on the motor for a start. The model was around 41/2 lbs in weight' 12 x6 prop and a 60 amp esc. Any suggestions as to what model I can put this gear into ? Thanks

Advert

Any kit with a 5-6 foot (1.5-1.8 metres) wingspan should be alright. Junior 60, Super 60 or double sized Tomboy spring to mind but if you'd like something less commonplace Ben Buckle offers the Taylorcraft. amongst others. **LINK**

Belair kits offers a good range of vintage short kits in various sizes. **LINK**

Then there's always the option of building something off a plan. The Waveguide, Guidato and Rohma are models which you don't see every day. If you'd like one oth these you can download the plans from the Outerzone. **LINK**

If you don't fancy the idea of cutting out all of those formers and wing ribs a laser kit cutter will do that for you for a fee if you send him the plan.