Hi from Herts

Hugh Grant 1

Hello Everyone, Ive just joined about a week ago but this is my first post. I think it must have been at least 25 years ago, I and my eldest son, started to build a Skylane (Global Quality Kits). We finished the tailplane, a right wing and the fuselage .. and then stopped. Ive just brought it down from the loft and am hoping to finish it. I found the plan but not the build instructions. But through a member of this site (Robert Parker) who had posted his build of one, I now have a copy of the build instructions from America via Ebay. So ..Wow !

Any hints about building gratefully received. I'm browsing through the site looking for info but you don't know what you don't know!

I had bought a Sanwa Vanguard 6 Channel TX with RX and servos and a HAL2100 stabiliser. Ive been looking at modern TX/RX/Servo equipment and would welcome comments.

Advert

Welcome Hugh. As you mentioned this is a very useful site indeed for lots of information. You might find the build log section useful too as you can always ask builders questions on their posts. As in many creative hobbies there are “many ways to skin a cat “ and don’t be put off by a number of different answers. There are many levels of builders here from ARTF only, right up to massive detail scale modellers. Most people are somewhere in between. We all adapt methods and styles to suit us . We are obviously limited by time money and equipment available plus our own individual skill sets. One really good thing to do if you haven’t done it already is to also join a club as you will get even more tips . Most club members spend more time chatting than flying 😊. My club is in Herts not far from Potters Bar and you would always be welcome to come for a chat and a tea.

Edited By Tim Flyer on 19/10/2019 09:16:01

Welcome. Don't throw money at it. If the old kit works, keep it to,learn on, and look about, in your own time at what you would like to replace it. We always say brand X is better than brand Y. Fact is all the top brands are good, But you want to get your hands on different transmitters. Some just don't feel right in the hand.