Receiver question

fly boy3

Advert

The receiver is just a conduit from the transmitter to the servos. All other things being equal, changing it won't affect anything else. However check before you fly and certainly check if you change a servo, they can definitely travel in a different direction.

Geoff

FB the answer is that it's not just a voltage no. It's a regular series of electrical pulses. The duration of the pulse tells the servo which position to go to. For most systems, if the pulses keep coming, each having a duration of 1.5uS then the servo will be centred. If the pulses move towards 1uS long then the servo will go one way and if they move towards 2uS then the servo will go the other way.

Assuming that you're using the same 35mHz transmitter then it's the Tx that sets the pulse lengths, so the servo should go the same way even if you change Rx.

I guess there's a possibility that a Rx with digital signal processing might change the direction, but even then I'd doubt it.

I don't know what your experience is in RC, but just to add to CB's response above, the Rx (receiver) does send a constant voltage to the servo via its red and black wires in the 3-wire connecting cable. This provides power for the servo motor and the little electronics bits inside the servo that decode the signal and tell its motor what to do. The signal itself is transmitted to the servo via the third, white or yellow, wire in the 3-wire cable, and is as explained by CB.