US electronic conspicuity proposals

MattyB

Sadly all very predictable - Boxing Day has led to new proposals from the US FAA on mandatory electronic conspicuity, presumably led by the desire to promote commercial operations below 1k feet. As you can imagine our favourite grumpy Kiwi doesn’t like it.... I imagine the DfT and CAA will be taking notes with interest.

Edited By MattyB on 28/12/2019 22:54:55

Posted by MattyB on 28/12/2019 22:55:27:
Posted by Jason-I on 28/12/2019 22:54:17:

Is he an Aussie abroad, or is he a Kiwi? He certainly live in New Zealand....

Fair point - corrected!

I wasn't saying you were wrong. I know he lives in New Zealand, but he still could be an Aussie - I was just wondering.....

Good evening from the USA.

I printed out the proposed new rule by the FAA. It’s about an inch thick double side print on 8 1/2x11 inch std sheets of paper. 320 pages I have read about 100 pages, most of it is front matter explaining what the changes proposed are. One of the changes is that EVERY model/ drone will be required to be registered. Currently each pilot was registered and put that number on all his planes/ drones. I don’t thing the powers to be understand the life span of a model is from 1min to 20 years+. What a mess. Right now it’s only a proposed. But often things won’t change much. I will continue to read and make notes to submit during the comment period. I expect at the rate the government works this will be effective some time late 2021 or early 2022.
I am going to go flying and do what I can do

Ken B