Dynam Hurricane

DIGGER

I'm at a loss with what to do and hope I may get some answers from you. As the title says I have the Dynham Hurricane which I have done a lot of work on. I have added a bit more detail to the cockpit, added a new resin pilot, Calie decals for 85 sqd. BOB paint job. Upgraded the lights ( bright white landing light ) and wired them so all the lights go off when the wheels are up . This is now a great looking model. Never been flown, and this is my problem. Because now I've got no runway that can handle the retracts, all I have now is a rough ground with stones in it that will rip them out. Should I try to convert it to fixed u/c ,if so how , or try to sell it, which in Cyprus I won't get the money I want. Sending it to UK is an option to look into. But I've done so much work it would be sad to let it go. Any idears out there.

Chris

Have you looked at other possible flying fields in Cyprus?

Kingsfield - Cyprus Parachuting Centre, they used to only operate in the mornings as the sea breeze set up at lunchtime.

Akrotiri? Might have an RAFMAA club or at least one modeller, service clubs often fly directly outside the control tower so they can be told directly to pause for full size traffic movements.

Sports pitches, usually 'astro turf' as the grass doesn't grow well.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gary for both of the idears, but there at the wrong end of the island. Akrotiri. There is a club that fly on the salt flat but that is out for me, to far . And the other one is even further. I did contact the RAFMAA but was told they don't have a club at this time, again to far. So thanks anyway, you must know Cyprus?

I was going through some old mags and saw the EFLITE Hurricane which came with a fixed u/c which got me thinking along them lines and modify it. Or just sell it.

Chris

I'm ex-RAF, used to teach gliding courses at Kingsfield, still have good Cypriot friends and my wife's godparents live in Peyia.

The stony ground is a problem for outlandings with full size gliders though some have been caught out!

I've seen rocky slope sites that used a catch net for landings and have landed in bushes myself though that was because there was too much lift to land normally (Phase 6, no airbrakes).

You could save your Hurricane for when you return to the UK and get an SAS Wildthing slope glider, they are virtually indestructable and you could fly it all day at the cliff sites and other slopes around Akrotiri.

Cheers

Gary