Transmitter Glove

Advert

I don't fly in the cold weather any more - too old/lazy I guess - but when I did I used to wear loose cotten gardening gloves. They don't stop you 'feeling' the sticks but they keep your hands amazingly warm. You can get them from any garden centre.

I DO fly in cold weather - some of the best sloping conditions on the big rock occur during the winter months.

The Iawnski crew have showed me the benefit of thin yet thermally efficient Berghaus gloves - not cheap but do seem to work pretty well, and allow feeling to be retained due to their construction.

I too find getting the whole tx mitt thing difficult to use - OK I guess for "conventional" ROG craft, but hurling a sloper off the edge in 30 MPH+ winds and then trying to get your hand back in quick is imposssible - especially if you, like me, fly the proper mode - numero uno

When I need to be yes I am, but can also pass as English ( Mum from Bolton ) or Irish ( Dad from Belfast )

There is also some claim to my surname actually being Scottish - so full house really!!

No worries there Mr E - can fly mode 2 also...just don't ask me to do inverted 6" from the deck - not a normal manoeuvre on yer average holiday 737 

i  too have got the neoprene gloves but find them a bit bulky cant seem to get the feel of the transmitter,i also have a tranny glove , shhhhhhh or the gang will no ,i only bring it out if im by myself or they will take the --ss. go for the gloves thermal inner gloves from berghaus ,you can feel the tranny and keep you warm for a long time. mode 4 works for me hardened vetrans lol

• 1 month later...

I tried that method, but found that to afford any real protection against the cold only a small tip should be cut off the glove  - then I found it catching on the stick and generally being naff.

I ended up paying a bit more and getting the Berghaus thin - but effective - gloves that iawnski recommended