Painting over Oratex

Lowandslow

Evening all. Just at the covering stage on a Junior 60 with Antique Oratex and would like to paint on some details. I’ve looked for previous posts relating to this but can’t find anything so my query is has anyone had any success with something easy to use that doesn’t adversely affect the fabric. I’m hoping to steer clear of anything recommended and supplied by Oracover because no doubt it will be expensive.

I've just starting painting my DB Mannock with Valspar Interior Matt, seems to 'soak-in' well enough and really cheap for a testing pot that's big enough for at least three models, also B and Q can mix from hundreds of shades.

I may go over it with a matt lacquer spray as long as it doesn't react of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again bit more guidance required please and sorry this is probably on the wrong thread. My Ben Buckle JR 60 kit is supplied with nylon hinges for the elevator and rudder control surfaces and having completed a dry fit into the tail plane and elevator prior to covering I am concerned that the hinges appear to be a bit stiff. This is my first balsa build for donkeys years and I’m wondering if these hinges will put too much strain on the Hitec HS 81 servos. As a senior newbie am I being over cautious.