Seagull delta 40 C of G ?

Steveflys

Advert

I can only say that my 362 delta was very tolerant of a forward balance, it had to be as fitting an OS 46 in a model originally designed for 19-35 engines meant that I couldn't get it balanced better than 1" in front of the specified point without adding inordinate amounts of lead in the tail. It flew just fine, the only effect being that it didn't have enough elevator power to get it into the expected low speed high alpha attitude without dutch rolling. It would flair for a reasonable landing, just not as slow as it might have been with a more rearward balance.

I saw one listed at £107, very tempting! What would access be like for an electric version?

Bob,

The Seagull Delta comes with an electric conversion. The access hatch for the battery is enormous.

I have to say apart from the non retracting gear it's a good looking plane, very well finished. It comes with a stupid little pilot bust, I sprayed the inside of my canopy metallic silver so didn't need a pilot.

Thanks Steve. I found a 'Captain Bob' unboxing video by Robert Petrinčič, with an impending 12 weeks withdrawal from society I didn't have much choice other than order one from ActiveScale Models. Not bad at £115 including carriage teeth 2. I have an NTM 4248 650kv and 60A ESC kicking around along with a biscuit tin full of standard servos and various receivers so that should occupy at least a day or two.