STERLING KIT

I'm considering getting a Sterling kit of a P61 Black Widow twin engine FF rubber powered model , about 39inch wingspan. I was wondering if it could be made rc with brushless motors. Has anyone had a sterling kit and had any success doing this. I have no knowledge of these kits and would imagine that they are like a Guillows kits. Please any advice would be grateful.

Chris

Advert

Hi Digger,

I have no personal experience of the Sterling P-61, however the plan is here to download on Outerzone, so you can judge the feasibility yourself before splashing out on the kit. Sterling P-61 Black Widow

As considerable rework of the wings would be required to fit ailerons, you could go for twisting/pitching outer wing panels along the lines of the KeilKraft Invader glider conversion in this months RCM&E. This would also save having to do an elevator linkage.

Thanks. Robin I looked at the plan, yes it would be a lot more work but it could be done, question is can I do it. Ailerons, yes , add another piece of wood to take the hinges, etc , same with elevator, & rudder. I was also thinking about either wood sheeting or wood infill and Sanding down. Then you have the weight problems with esc battery etc. A lot to think about before I spend money . Thanks again.

Chris