Flying in Bulgaria

Ted Day

Can anyone help me, we have bought a holiday place in Bulgaria and across the road from the apartment complex is a flat field about two miles across and five miles long, a gravel road twenty feet wide going across it and no fences.  This is obviously a flying field in waiting.  Can anybody tell me what restrictions might be encountered, licence requirements if any, and frequencies used.  I would only be interested in using an electric powered glider or sailplane.  I will be contacting BMFA before I go over in 2009 regarding insurance and any assistance they can offer.

thanks Ted.

Advert

Hi Ted,

No idea about Bulgaria, but I was in a similar situation in France. I found a model shop and asked them.   In no time at all, I was at the local flying site..The guys were all so helpful..All the French formalities vanished, and all the wee problems, frequency, mode, etc. seemed to vanish. I am insured through the Scottish system, and still mail order quite a bit from the UK

ernie

Hi Andy andErnie,

Thanks for the responses, I am a little reluctant to contact the police in Bulgaria, language and attitude etc, but I believe there is a Consulate in Dublin, maybe I will contact them and let you know the outcome.