OS 40 FS pre Surpass

Martin Arnold 1

Advert

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 24/04/2020 18:52:04:

And oooo thats a nice mic you have there. Sounds very nice

Was a bit difficult by myself to do the video, tried holding the tranny in one hand and phone in the other, but I was too wobbly.

Ended up mounting the phone on a small tripod, angle is a bit low, but I think it gets the sound across.

Posted by Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models) on 17/04/2020 17:01:49:

The FS 40 ( one of the best engines OS ever produced IMO) uses the same exhaust pressure adaptor ( some call it a silencer) as the 20 & 26 OS engines. I think the ASP, SC 52 fits. Sometimes the OS version turn's up on eBay.

They can go for surprisingly high prices. Have you tried Just Engines? I sold a new one in its packet a few years ago. It was a spare I had and the auction went over £20 - I was amazed and wished I'd bought 20 off them when they were available. LOL.

The pressure adaptor ( which some think is a little Muffler) is best left off. It does nothing to quieten the engine as its quiet to start with. Its not high power like later generation OS engines. The FS 40 sets up better and runs better off pressure.

FS40 OS - 1982 - First version had a spring needle. Like a control line or stunt engines Needle. Flexible. Later versions had the grey shorter Needle. Like on the Surpass 40

Steve

Edited By Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models) on 17/04/2020 17:04:46

Hi Steve, the first version needle was it silver with a long spring on it and it screwed onto a thread, rather than into a thread.?