Can you tell what it is yet ??

Dwain Dibley.

Some tinkering has been going on at Dibley Towers today..... I decided, after reading my BMFA News, (not connected, apart from the story about the Guy who rebuilt his pattern plane as Electric ?? So...probably connected then) to dig out the Old Lancer I refurbished a few years back. It has a 0.40 OS FS in it that is as old as the plane, about 40.

Anyway got the engine out and set it up in the newly refurbed test bed, went to use starter with the new 12 connector........... and Nothin' not a peep. no light on the 12 connector, plenty of juice in the 12 supply/battery booster.

Used another battery I have, and Bingo, engine ran like it had never been hanging up for five years.

The Question I have then, is for all you Electronic Wizards out there.

When I dismantled the 12 volt plug, I found a blown 15 A Glass fuse, I fitted a 5 A glass fuse just to test the fitting and that's OK, with 12 V at the terminals I soldered on.

Can I use a standard 13 A plug fuse, cos a fuse is a fuse ....right ???? albeit 2 A smaller, but not a "quick blow" Glass one.

How much does a starter pull to spin an engine up ??

Should I forget the booster idea, and just buy a new 12 V car battery to go in my field box ? I usually clag my starter to this with the croc clips

Cheers in advance

D.D.

img_20200516_180734.jpg

img_20200516_180748.jpg

img_20200516_180758.jpg

img_20200516_180809.jpg

The only info I have on my starter.

img_20200516_180841.jpg

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 16/05/2020 18:54:37

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 16/05/2020 18:57:11

Advert