Newbie basic questions

Tim Fawthrop 1

Hi,

After returning to building and flying after 40 years and cant believe how much it has changed.

I am 75% through a kit build and am looking at the radio setup.

It's a spektrum dx6i, looking at the receiver an AR6210 there doesnt seemto be a socket for the battery, how do I connect the battery?

Thanks

Advert

Tim

What kit is it you are building? IC, Electric or a glider.

A modern rx only uses servo plug connectors. There is no specific type of battery connection, in fact all the centre pins + are connected together in the rx, as the - pins, so 5V on one will power all the others connectors including the rx itself.

This makes particular sense if it is an electric powered plane as the speed controller acts as servo on the 'throttle' channel and if the speed controller has an integrated BEC (battery eliminator circuit) it provides the power for the rx and the servos through the rx all from the main battery. Which makes an elegant set up in a simple plane.

For a glider or IC plane the battery terminates in a servo type plug with just the + & - pins connected.