Phoenix 2.4Ghz flap/elevator

I have a new Phoenix 2.4 glider and flew it for the first time yesterday ,gentle flyer lovely to fly but have a question on the flaps . A pal suggested at 50% flap 10% elevator and 100%/20% elevator , this didn't seem to be much movement at all . Sure enough when landing it just wanted to float on and I had to push it down before running out of field but it landed ok . So here's the admission not the best trimming tinkering pilot in the world ( only started 3 years ago) so bit nervous of getting to height and messing about with flaps etc , would ask one the more experienced guys to help but we are in lockdown so not on .

The question is the elevator throw is not enormous as set up to instructions but 10/20% just doesn't seem enough to compensate the flaps . Does 10/20% sound about right for a foamy glider ?

Another off topic question does anyone launch 2.4m foamies themselves or is always a helper , I launch my Bixler left-handed no problem . Yesterday at our field near the Mersey there were 5/6 different groups picnicking on the field , all moved when asked but it seems a problem we didn't have before , they seem to have claimed our field during the pandemic . Field is council owned but rented and the gate shows flying times but some people must be dyslexic or ignorant !

Advert