Maps for no fly zones

Christopher Morris 2

Posted by Steve J on 31/05/2020 22:41:04:

Most SUA flyers do not fly in a club environment. I would say that the first thing that a beginner should do is read though the drone code and the drone code is pretty clear that people should check for airspace restrictions before they fly.

I suspect most 'quad' type flyers have never heard of the BMFA or the ANO. Nor will most of them have bothered with the 'test' and the licence.

To many of them it's just another toy. Only us 'serious model plane flyers' bother with such stuff. And then only for convenient and 'indisputable' insurance which many clubs insist on (BMFA membership and the attached insurance) and because some clubs and sites insist on our obeying SOME laws (CAA licence).

The 'drone' fuss appears to have mostly died off. And NOT because most of us have suddenly become 'responsible citizens' if we weren't before.

• 8 months later...
Advert

I just went to the dronesafe airfield restrictions web page and now find it won't load until I turn off all my privacy settings. The paranoid amongst us might well wonder why this is.

Another worrying development since I last looked at this map is that they have greatly expanded the number and size of restricted areas was there any news on this that I missed.

Andy.