Are Flitehook currently taking orders

I sent Flitehook an online request for balsa and left a phone message in the last couple of days but I haven't heard anything back from them. Does anyone know if John and Pauline OK and just taking a break. There's no indication on their website about the current status of their business.

Andy.

Advert

Barrie,

Many thanks, I hadn't heard about Pauline. I hope John is still doing OK, I used to see him at the indoor meetings which I haven't attended for a while.

The quality of his balsa seems second to none and I am keen to use it on my next project.

I left a telephone message yesterday to follow-up after completing the online form on his website. I will give it a few more days to see if he gets back to me. I don't like to think I would be hounding him if he's not trading so much these days.

I will see how it goes and may get back to you if you think you can help.

Cheers,

Andy.

Posted by Barrie Lever on 06/06/2020 12:17:54:

Andy

Pauline passed away last summer, I keep an eye on John, we even invited him over for Xmas day lunch but he was going to have lunch with some old drinking buddy in the same home where Pauline stayed.

I would give John a call, email and the Internet are not his thing, failing that let me know what you want and I will track him down.

He is a very good friend of mine, we share a lot of interests including old motorcycles of which he has three (BSA Gold Stars) one of which I have ridden.

Regards

Barrie

Sorry to hear about Pauline. I knew John, but not well (he lives quite close to us). He used to come to Beaulieu in his blue van full of modelling stuff quite often. I bouqht a 'Falcon' kit of the Vic Smeed Debutante and a Ben Buckle Junior 60 kit out of his van..

Three Goldies? He once came to Beaulieu on one. But three? The model trade must pay quite well, a good one (and the one I saw was perfect) is worth up to about £17,000 now .

Posted by Barrie Lever on 06/06/2020 12:17:54:

Andy

I would give John a call, email and the Internet are not his thing, failing that let me know what you want and I will track him down.

Regards

Barrie

Barrie,

I would have preferred to send you a PM but I guess you have this turned off on your account.

I have had no response from Flitehook after leaving phone messages, can you ask John if he is still able to fill orders for balsa etc.

I have already listed my requirements on the contact page of his website although I have subsequently thought of a few other things I need to add.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Andy.