Guillow's Spitfire Final Part

Cliff 1959

Advert

Nice one Cliff, I, like you am waiting for the opportunity to try trimming out my new fleet.

I have no clue what the Mr Mulligan should weigh, but the other two have come out spot on the weights that are quoted in the instructions. I know that the real skilled guys can get that down below, but I am Happy.

I am having great fun, like you, with rubber (power). wink

What was the AUW supposed to be on the Spitty ?? If the cowl and spinner are fixed, how are you going to wind the motor, or is the spinner removable. ? I had a similar dilemma on the M.M, and the cowl has to come off each time I wind the motor.

I have a basket ball court sized sports hall at work, but it is now full of furniture from a block refurb, so I cant even use that now. DOH !!

Looking forward to the maiden trim/flight.

D.D.

Hi Dwain, the auw isn't quoted anywhere that I can see on the plans , Guillow's supply some plasticine for balance but it doesn't weigh 42g so so I'm thinking the tail is heavier than the design weight despite my lightening.

The spinner and prop is one assembly along with the thrust bearing which pulls out of the cowl. Currently the cowl isn't glued on but held by the tension of the motor but I'll have to see if that works in practice.