David Boddington Dracon

ken anderson.

the Dracon has had its maiden flight.flew straight off a few clicks of up trim(bearing in mind its a canard) I thought I would do myself a good turn by putting in a couple of clicks of up in(in fact I had put down in)!.....so off it went, quickly sorted the trim and it flys really nice....nothing untoward to sort out.the position I chose for the battery before completing the build has worked out ok...no weight to add to sort the c of g.the 2nd motor I chose doesn't appear to be very powerful so I may swap it out for another...….anyone thinking about making this model,jump in,its a goodin....and a bit of a floater in the landing ……...my first canard.

post maiden dracon.jpg

ken anderson.....ne...1...dracon dept.

Advert

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

well done kevin,dont know what your plan is for the electrics, I left out former 5 and made the battery bay in front of F6,with a top hatch, on my later ones I reinforced the area...I would extend the ply doubler to the area. I didn't need to add any lead to get the c of g correct. You'll enjoy flying it....it spins like a goodin...and is a floater for landing..

ken anderson...ne..1..floating dept.