Nicad batteries

Erfolg

Advert

Thanks Bruce I had not heard of this firm, packs are too big but it's worth knowing  for other packs in the future. I have now bought a 2s LiPo and after charging I tried discharging on a lamp load and was very suprised to find that  the on load voltage was higher and stayed at the level longer than my 9.6V  NiMi. even though the nominal voltage was much lower.  When it stops raining I'll go and fly

Nice to see that the same old tripe about NiMH batteries being useless keeps getting repeated.  Modern NiMH cells are nothing like the cells that were only capable of supply low current from years ago.  A number of competition classes mandated the use of NiMH cells and they were pulling currents of 200A+ from 3300 mAh cells at a good terminal voltage, I don't consider 60C a small current.
There are a number of rogue manufacturers out there, but if you stick to a reputable make you shouldn't have any problems.  In fact the last generation of NiMH cells will, at the same size and current drain, have a higher terminal voltage than the NiCd equivalent.