Multiplex Smart SX / RX-5 M-Link ID 1

Piers Bowlan

I bought this as an extra radio to pop in a backpack, along with a compact 3ch glider. I wanted to be able to cycle to a local slope and get my flying fix without carrying a lot of gear. Fast forward a few years and only now have I pressed the radio into service in an old Panda Sport! Trouble is, after binding the Tx/Rx I get output on ch. 1,2,3 and 5 but not 4 crying, (4 being the throttle channel with mode 2). I tried two different ESCs plugged into ch4 to no avail. I tried plugging the ESC into CH1 and the motor runs but a servo plugged into ch4 is dead. I tried a separate battery but still I get nothing from Ch4 with a servo plugged in. Is it me or the radio as I have had many radios in the past but never lost just one channel?

Yes, I could buy another receiver but how do I know it is not the Transmitter - or me? And no, I don't know anyone with a Multiplex radio.

I thought these Multiplex radios were uber reliable too. angry So I guess it must be me!

Smart SX has a throttle hold function. See 7.1 of the manual. Move throttle stick to fully off then press the stick in. You should then hear rising tone to indicate throttle is on. Press stick again in lowered position to switch throttle off.

HTH

idd

Dwain, yes mine is Mode 2 (or 4), but currently in 2 (the other version of this radio is 1 or 3 so both are switchable but I can't imagine there would be many 3 or 4 users?

Thanks for that JRman, Yes, I have heard that Mike Ridley is very good so he was my next port of call on Monday but I thought I better check out the forum first. Just as well I did, as it turns out!

!DD15, thank you so much I would never have thought of that. I did read the instructions- honest! (after I installed the radio blush). In my 'manual' 7.1 is a labeled picture of the transmitter but I can't find any reference to 'pressing the throttle stick when in the down position to put it in throttle hold mode' . Sure enough it works! Ingenious -why don't all transmitters work like that? Dwain was on the right track too with 'pressing something'. yes

Thank goodness for the forum - another satisfied customer smiley

After another forensic search of my Smart SX manual 7.10 refers to the digital trims (except for the throttle) but no mention of throttle hold. 7.12 refers to fail safe and how to set it, again nothing about throttle hold here. It seems not all instruction leaflets were bourn equal! sad

Still, enough reading, glad it's me and not the radio. Now better get out and use it. yes