OpenTX not displaying sticks

Martin_K

I am setting up a new FrSky radio (my first use of this brand and OpenTX). When working with the current model it used to display the position of the sticks and trims on screen. It now only shows the trims - see photo.

Is there a configuration option to select this behaviour?

The change occurred after I tried to connect the radio to my PC with USB cable. With radio powered on I plugged the USB connecter in. Radio prompted for HID controller or SD card (I forget the exact words). Which ever option I clicked on just returned me to the selection menu. My PC showed no new USB device. I gave up, disconnected the USB cable and the on-screen display of stick position had gone.

Radio still works, I can control the one RX I have configured so far.

My first actions with the new radio were to install OpenTX Companion 2.3.9 (on Debian GNU/Linux) and then flash the radio with opentx-xlites 2.3.9-otx firmware. Therefore I know the USB connection worked with the radio in 'bootloader' mode.

Where has display of my sticks / gimbal output gone?

Advert

I've never used an X-Lite, but can you scroll through different display options using the multi-function joystick (dimpled control, bottom right of your picture near the two black buttons)? There must be multiple options for the display when flying; a quick Google showed me YouTube videos on using that screen for telemetry info...

Edited By MattyB on 02/07/2020 13:47:22

Matty, Chris,

I have already got the hang of the user interface. I did so in the process of basic radio setup and creation of the first model plus bind to the RX. My problem is the absence of anything that looks relevant to the issue described in this thread.

Via the multi-function joystick I can access four configuration menus;
System
Model
Telemetry
Information (Stats)

Of these only System seems relevant and within the seven screens (pages) available only Radio Setup (3 of 7) and Hardware (6 of 7) seem relevant.

Hardware includes a "Factory reset" option. I have not tried this as I don't know what it does?

Having selected a model do all Taranis radios default to showing the stick and trim positions?

Guys, I think I have found it. There is no menu selection as such. Changes depend on the duration (speed of push and release) of the multi-function joystick. This makes it very easy to change things by accident.

Thanks for listening! (Sorry to waste your time).

Should any other confused new user land on this thread here is a photo of the X-Lite Pro with all switch states displayed. Rapid up or down push on joystick to scroll through display options.

The hole I fell into is display changes can be made while attention is on an overlaid menu, i.e. selection of USB connection usage.

p.s. I still have to work out why the radio would not 'talk' to the PC via USB outside of bootloader mode.

Edited By Martin_K on 02/07/2020 15:25:07