Graupner F 35

Solid Snake

Advert

Looks like the Freewing F-35 I have sat in front of me! If it is then it's made of EPS, is very easy to put together and goes like the proverbial. I'm using a cheap 4200Kv 20mm Keda inrunner and 40amp esc. You can get the plane and fan only for £55 plus shipping from BRC so the SMC deal looks pretty good. 

It IS the Freewing F35....as for good value....hmmmm, in our defence, 2 x £3.99 servo's [2 kg torque!] takes it up to £62.98, now....that leaves £16.99 for a motor? Easy if you want cheap 'n' cheerful.....we hardly sell EDF with factory fitted motors for exactly that reason....they are usually cheap 'n' cheerful! Not knocking Graupner [for sticking their name on it], or SMC.....but I would say price is basically the same.....I have been flying one for a few months now, little belter, but for goodness sake, DON'T try to fit a 2200mAh 3s Lipo as per that ad.....had trouble balancing mine [nose heavy] on a 1300mAh!

I think the GWS 64 is a good choice, we have just started doing them for 3mm shafts for our famous DF210-8XL 5200kv motor. Have a look at our gallery, we have test flown the L39.....on the stock set up....it's pretty awful I'm afraid! Some new stuff on it's way that's going to give a few people a smile or two! New hand-launch Panther is pretty cool, HE162 Salamander arrives very soon which I'm really looking forward too.....did I mention the F14 Tomcat with swing-wing and twin fans?.........

BRC's F-16 for £35 is a fantastic EDF. It does everything extremely well and is very stable. I have mine running a HET 3W motor in a HET fan on 4 cell and it's a joy to fly. My favourite edf for sure.

Scott, can you tell me how much throw and expo you are using on your F-35 please? I'll use duall rates with expo but would like to get some good base settings before maiden. Many thanks.

Hi scott, i am still trying to get that CG right on your F35 way to nose  heavey with the Rino 2150 4S (14.8v) 20C/30C that is recommended on your web site has any body flown one of these on that set up, i have thought of using the two 2S lipos you said but i dont see how that would help even if staggared as they come to nearly the same weight as the other battery, however i can fit the 14v battery in my F9F Panther i bought from your shop, and its CG is not bad. 

Well, this isn't the place to sort it, and two staggered packs might weigh "nearly" the same [no such thing as nearly basically, a few grams here and there makes all the difference], but 2 x 2s Lipo's can be moved inches apart if needed.....so that is exactly what is required, as I said, return the 2100 4s, and we can sort it....easy.