Overseas subscribers can download the May and June issue plans

No solution is perfect when it comes to the two issues (May and June) not sent overseas during the lockdown, but I've persuaded the Editor to make the pull-out plans from those issues available to overseas subscribers (and all RCM&E subscribers).

They can be downloaded (for free of course) from the home page article here.

Normal service has resume with the July issue that overseas subscribers should be receiving soon.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 08/07/2020 20:49:46

Thank you for making these plans available. I am a digital subscriber and have wondered why the plans were not available for down loading. One possible solution would be to make the plans available for the period the magazine is available on the news stand. There are probably things that I have not considered, please consider finding a way for us digital subscribers access to the monthly plans. Once again thank you for your efforts with these plans,

Ken Ball

indiana, USA

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 08/07/2020 20:47:33:

No solution is perfect when it comes to the two issues (May and June) not sent overseas during the lockdown, but I've persuaded the Editor to make the pull-out plans from those issues available to overseas subscribers (and all RCM&E subscribers).

They can be downloaded (for free of course) from the home page article here.

Normal service has resume with the July issue that overseas subscribers should be receiving soon.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 08/07/2020 20:49:46

Thank you David. Those of us in the outer reaches of the Empire feel a little left oiut occassionally. Thanks for the electronic copies of the plans. Much appreciated.

Mark

Ottawa, Canada

• 2 weeks later...

David. I have been an avid reader of RCM&E since 1991, and still is my favorite magazine. Like others, I was disappointed with the decision to stop mailing overseas, I live in the US and I continued receiving other UK printed titles like Flying Scale Models and R/C Jet International, that I am sure faced equal or bigger logistical issues, they cover niche areas of our hobby and I assume they print less copies than RCM&E. After 40 years working with computers I prefer to read my paper copy, please make sure that we will get the July issue as you promised, and it will be great if we get the May and June copies as well.

German

Collegeville Pennsylvania, USA

Thanks David,
it's definitely a good idea; I hope that the health situation can improve so that we can return to receiving monthly paper copies.
However, I would like to point out that it is since August of last year that I no longer receive monthly copies continuously and I have to point out some hitches.
I have been your subscriber for 4 years and only since last year (even before the covid emergency) are these problems present; I hope they can be resolved and that I will be able to read your magazine (paper copies) again and again in Italy.
Thanks for your understanding, best regards.

Luca Gribaldi

Rivarolo Canavese, Turin (Italy)

• 3 months later...

That's an excellent service.

PDF files of designs are extremely useful as I found when I downloaded a free plan from AeroFred earlier this year (Das Liddle Stik). I was not only able to print it out on several A4-sized sheets which, when taped together were surprisingly accurate but printing small areas, like ribs, made cutting out parts a lot easier. The free Adobe reader works really well. Its only fault is that it won't print mirror inages which would help sometimes, particularly for wings and you can't buy the professional s/w only rent it, which is expensive for occasional amateur users.

Would it be possible for all free plans to be made available to subscribers as PDFs? Even if you have the magazine (as I do as a subscriber) the plans are quite fragile and printing out parts of the plan as I did with my Liddle Stik removes some frustration from construction And, who knows?; it might even make subscription more popular and help keep RCME going as a hard copy.

Geoff

Posted by Jeff Dinius on 06/11/2020 00:47:32:

I am missing more than May and June. I received July and August and nothing since. My subscription is good through July 2021. Any idea why I have not received any more issues?

Thank you,

Jeff Dinius

Kaufman, Texas (USA)

Hi Jeff,

Would you mind sending me over your postal address so that I can look into it for you? [email protected]

Thank you.