Ruckus Receiver/ESC Position?

Hi All,

I have just purchased a Max Thrust 'Ruckus' and am really looking for some advice from someone who already owns one.

I was quite pleased with the build quality and the build was quite straight forward.

However, Observing the room inside, I am at a bit of a loss as to what goes where regarding the ESC and the receiver.

1st. Looking at the two battery velcro straps, I am assuming that the ESC just 'floats loose on top of it when connected. Either that or it is trapped under the straps as well?

2nd. There does not seem to be a suitable place for the receiver. I could break into the removable cockpit and put it in there, but I really don't want to do that.

Any ideas?

Edited By Roger Dyke on 27/07/2020 21:43:15

Advert

I have a new Ruckus and there is a little work to do. I fitted an AS3X Rx under the cockpit. I enlarged the small cutaway and placed the RX horizontally there. The ESC is fitted fully forward on the port side of the fuselage with foam sticky fixers. Plenty of room for my 3S 2600bLiPo. Far too nose heavy. I have removed one of the Steel blocks from behind the cowling. cog is now better. It's a bit slow but it came with the 11x5.5 prop which is better with4S. I'll fit the correct 12x6 when I can get one. Otherwise it is easy to assemble and easy to fly. I switch off the stability provided by the AS3X except when landing in our regular gusty conditions.

• 5 months later...

I too use 4s 2200 batteries in my Ruckus but don't have a problem. I have my ESC silicon glued to the fuselage side alongside the battery. It seemed to work out fine. The only problem I had was to find a suitable place for my receiver but I overcame that one.

Edited By Roger Dyke on 19/01/2021 15:47:25