The Alpina is back!

Posted by Robert Welford on 16/09/2020 16:00:04:

I have them on my Tangent Alpina and EleKtromaster so are no different. I'm not sure whether they are carbon or glass with black resin.

Worth testing whether they are transparent to 2.4 GHz if you plan to have aerials within cockpit area.

Yes, that test is definitely on my list to do early on in the build - I have RSSI on my transmitter so the effect will be clear to see. If it is carbon I will route the aerials outside (though I'm also going to have a 1.5g satellite RX right down at the back of the fuselage at the base of the fin which should help).

Edited By MattyB on 16/09/2020 16:29:54

Posted by MattyB on 19/09/2020 14:11:19:

Harrumph...sad

Houston we have a problem; the build is stopped due to an issue with the wing spar position in one panel that may have structural implications. I've just emailed Mpx; let's see what they say...

Good news... Multiplex are replacing my wing set. I should have the new ones sometime next week, at which point the build can recommence. It was certainly a lot easier than trying to sort an issue with HK customer service...

Edited By MattyB on 25/09/2020 15:11:36

Posted by Richard Clark 2 on 31/07/2020 07:08:36:
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 30/07/2020 22:31:42:

Can't also help thinking that there is a niche in the market for good quality fibreglass fuselage with foam veneered wing gliders, a few years ago I picked up a part built Multiplex Fiesta, while it won't perform like a mouldie it does fly really well and just about always accompanies me to the slope.

In the '70s I used to fly typical .60 sized aerobatic models, I worked out that to get one into the air, say my "Super Star" cost me c £350.00. Inflation since 1970 means that 350.00 in 1970  is now worth over £5,000.

Ok this included engine, retracts, and radio but it makes the Alpina seem a bargain

Edited By FlyinBrian on 27/09/2020 08:51:16