Servos for Easyglider

Hello all,

I'm building a Multiplex Easyglider at the mo, and I've just realized that I don't have any servos to control the rudder or elevator. Multiplex reccomends their mini servos, called tiny-s. I'm on a budget, and as such, am wondering whether http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=85_71_17&products_id=413 would do (as they are the exact same dimensions), or should I just splash out and get the more expensive Multiplex offerings?

Thanks in advance

Advert

Provided the spec is similar I see no reason why not though some use the Hitec HS81's. I believe as a rule M/pex servo leads tend to have longer leads attached as standard. The point you need to compare is the torque output of the servo though I can't see the Easyglider putting an excessive load on them.

Regards

Mike

Not really - have you flown any RC before. The Easyglider is another of M/Plex's great aircraft. I self taught myself on a Twin Star II and they all seem to fly great - I have now progressed onto Gemini and flew it for the first time a couple of weeks back and was surprised how easy it is to fly though a little more twitchy  .

IIRR the Easyglider is rudder and elevator only or does it have ailerons?( I think it can but doesn't as standard) It is a great aircraft for beginners and more experienced alike and will slope or thermal plus you have the bonus of a motor which can be upgraded later if you wish. Several flyers at my field use them.

If you have a read on RCGroups.com you will find pages of information there. Are you sloping with it or flat field flying? I am not an expert but obviously once you have height and switch the motor off you need to keep the glide fairly shallow but not slowing up too much though the Easyglider will float. If you can find a thermal so much the better. The only thing that really precludes me from thermally is my eyesight - I just cannot see them at that height

You could also lok at Youtube as I am sure there must be videos on there of them flying - gives a good indication.

Mike

I use hitec hs-55 on the easy glider pro all round  {mine has aerolons} just that I had these sitting around also got some servo extension leads to get the aerolons connected but not on the rudder and elevator
cheap servos are available all over the place giant cod being one of them £2.34 don't have any so no opinion on them.
The glider, as long as the C of G is correct mine flew straight off the modeling bench with only a slight adjustment  to elevator. The limiting factor is the transmitter battery {this will get up graded for a meatier unit soon} as I usually get 45 min flights from the glider so about 3 flights worth then the TX is getting low.Great model all in all worth the money and very relaxing makes a change from thrashing around the sky.

My Easyglider has ailerons and requires four servos.

I suppose that you could set it up with rudder/elevator only, but I feel that this would spoil a lovely flying machine.

The aileron servos will need their leads lengthening (soldering job) unless you use ones with 30mm leads such as the special multiplex karbonite ones (about £17-50 each).

For the rudder and elevator servos, standard length leads are fine.

One tip - when attatching the tailplane to the fuselage, do use cyano and kicker.

The first time around, I didn't and the tailplane parted company from the fuselage at about 200ft up.

Elapor is tough but not indestructible.

Hence, I am now an my second Easyglider, and having used kicker, have had no problems.

Why don't you push the boat out and go for a higher capacity such as 2300 Mah which would give you about twelve flights up to thermal height.

I can recommend the Multiplex power upgrade set - expensive at around £90 but worth it as it provides a 70 degree clime angle, and you still get the same number of flights because the motor is not running for as long.