Flair Kitsets

Hi guys! I have been searching for sometime now for a a kitset of a Tiger Moth - one that is of sufficient quality that the finished product could be entered in a scale competition. I have seen the finished product of one that would appear to come close to what I am looking for and I am told it is produced by "Flair". I have contacted a major retailer in the UK and this retailer knew of the kit. He was however unable to supply because he said "it was unavailable as the manufacturer had been unable to source a supplier of the wire-work necessary for the kit. Does anyone know where I could get this kit from?

Advert

John
There have been a couple of Flair tiger moth kits on ebay in the last few months but as with all auctions you take a risk.

This bit may get edited!!! RC Model World magazine have just announced that they are selling a plan pack for Duncan Hutsons Tiger Moth, this is the same size as the Flair one but much nearer scale what you get are the plans, precut (CNC laser) wood parts, mouldings for the cowl, top wing fuel tank and fuselage decking and wire parts but you have to supply all the strip and sheet wood. it's a might expensive but if the quality of the parts is up to what Duncan use to put in his kits it will be well worth the money.

Hi John
Flair still have the Moth on their web site
http://www.flairmodels.co.uk/Aircraft/Classic_scale/Classicscaleframes.htm

Give them a call if they cannot supply the wires and turn buckles then Mick Reeves can.

http://www.mickreevesmodels.co.uk/

I have built the Flair Moth it makes a great build. If you do decide to get one there is a couple of mistakes on the plans.
One is the dihedral is supposed to be about 2" under each tip (I think thats correct). I will lookout the proper measurements if you decide to go ahead. Just email me there are a couple of threads on other sites that are excellent. the best being Don Coes on RCSCALEBUILDER.COM
Hope thats OK to put in.

Best of luck Bob