JR DSX9 programmable mix help

Pete Carpenter

Hello,

I have a Mick Moore Lunak to which I added flaps as well as some scale-like schempp-hirth airbrakes, and I use a JR DSX9 Tx.

I have been trying to program a switchable mix whereby the airbrakes extend as I lower the flaps with the throttle stick. The airbrakes are operated by the right hand side slider, and occupy the aux 3 and aux 4 channels, and work faultlessly.

I can get one of the airbrakes to function by mixing flap > aux 3 or aux 4, but the other brake remains closed. I have tried setting up two separate mixes, one for each aux channel (as slave, flap as master), but the second mix never does anything.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks,

Pete

Advert

I have a PCM9X II (JR9303), DSX9 and DSX12. Very capable radios but I switched to Jeti because of the quirky glider programming.

There are quite a lot of 9303 glider programming guides on the net, it is the same as the DSX9.

Search 'Sherman Knight JR9303'. Some of his guides have gone behind a paywall.

I fly scale gliders and F5J, Mode 2. My convention is to use flight modes to position the flaps and retrim and have the airbrake only on the throttle.

In a full-size glider the flaps are lowered progressively around the circuit to the landing position and airbrakes used independently. Some gliders use combined flap/brakes (not sure about the Lunak), I owned a Mini-Nimbus with trailing edge brakes, after a set travel they also lowered the flaps.

Cheers

Gary

Pete, Not DSX9 specific, but with most gliders you'd normally have the airbrakes on the throttle stick and flaps on a slider, that way you can limit the slider input to just move the flaps for camber or reflex, but have them mixed with the spoiler/airbrake control for more movement landing. Maybe the DSX9 is expecting this setup.

Hi Chaps,

Many thanks for the prompt replies. I will continue to have the flaps on the throttle stick, purely because that's what I'm used to with my other gliders for the crow. I'd only get confused!

I'll look for the Sheman Knight guides, thanks for the tip Gary.

I'll also try switching to aux2 and 3 - didn't even cross my mind to try that, duh!

I will let you know the outcome. It's not the end of the world if I can't have the switchable option, I can just about cope with operating the flaps and brakes separately.

Cheers,

Pete