Green RC 50" Tiger Moth

Airpaddler

Bringing back into service, a Green RC 50" Electric Tiger Moth. I have not run the motor with a watt meter yet but size wise it is about 4046. There is a 60 a ESC. I will run if possible, with 4s 3500 lipo`s. Curious thing is there is only an 8" prop.

If you should happen to be running one of these aircraft (electric) I would be most grateful for details of your successful flying system or indeed, any useful advice please..

I don’t know how much this helps but, I have a DB Sport and Scale 48 inch tiger moth, it flies very nicely on 300w using a 35mm diaTurnigy motor and 3s lipo. Performance is probably best described as scale like but, it was never designed for lots of power (I am already concerned about the security of the top wing). Mine is a little smaller than yours, but this was the biggest motor I could fit in the cowl and there is only just enough space for a 3s battery in the fuselage. At the time of building I had a 60 amp ESC and tried to use it because I'm a skinflint and didn't want to buy another, however I couldn’t squeeze all the wires in the cowl. I replaced it with a smaller (40 amp, from HobbyKing) which I fitted in the cowl attached to the firewall. It will easily take off on ½ throttle, even with this (by modern standards) feeble power unit. (sorry about the bold type)

Edited By edgar on 11/09/2020 15:30:47

Posted by Airpaddler on 11/09/2020 15:09:53:

Bringing back into service, a Green RC 50" Electric Tiger Moth. I have not run the motor with a watt meter yet but size wise it is about 4046. There is a 60 a ESC. I will run if possible, with 4s 3500 lipo`s. Curious thing is there is only an 8" prop.

If you should happen to be running one of these aircraft (electric) I would be most grateful for details of your successful flying system or indeed, any useful advice please..

Are there any markings on the motor?

8" prop seems quite small unless the motor has a high Kv value.