finishing covering

I'm at the finishing stage of a top flight sea fury kit and am trying to decide between glassing the wing and fuselage with standard epoxy or poly-C. I have no experience with either . I want to add panel lines and rivet detail etc. So whats best / easiest method and I know from years in this game that best and easiest are usually mutually exclusive. Thanks in advance

Advert

Hi Phil

It dries just like epoxy, maybe not quite as hard, but you can certainly sand it. I dont think you need to spray it  but you probably could, depending on your spraygun.  It really is very easy to apply. Much easier than epoxy.  I think it's pretty  light, because it works by evaporation rather than by a chemical reaction, so quite a bit of liquid is lost. I've just skinned a wing for an xtrawot, I could post a photo, but it wouldnt' really show a lot, but if you want? I'll do it tomorrow morning

ernie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat, Did you know that you can buy transfer or decal paper/film forprinters.  Also available are transparent labelsfor printers.  Be careful because inkject ink iswater soluble and runs off the print !!   Fonts are not too much of a problem unless you need a specific font for a scale craft. Windows comes with a lot and there are several shareware libraries available.

My question about covering, concerns covering EPP.  What is the name of a self adhesive film tat would do as a top coat for a flying wing.

Regards

John m.