Problems with a supplier

Advert

In view of the eventual excellent response from the retailer, maybe some praise is now in order?

No reason now, perhaps, not to name the retailer in question.

There are many things that can go wrong even in the best of organisations and, when frustrated, it’s all too easy to jump to conclusions or to get angry prematurely. An initial phone call doesn’t hurt, followed up, if necessary, by e-mail. The important thing is to follow a structured process. Always be polite but firm.

I tend to use PayPal/Credit Card as much as possible as this provides two levels of protection in addition to standard legal rights. I can personally attest to the fact that the PayPal complaints procedure, whilst it might take a week or two to obtain a resolution, seems to produce results when all else fails. In my case, the company concerned (a laptop battery supplier) subsequently disappeared from the web shortly thereafter! I got the impression that whilst they appeared to be a large warehouse, it was likely that they were, in fact, merely a couple of individuals operating from home as even their return address, on making initial enquiries to Royal Mail, turned out to be bogus!

As for Kings Lynn Models, I have just received, this morning, yet another prompt delivery from them this morning, preceded by progress e-mails including advance final notification of a one hour delivery slot which, again, was spot on. I also note that they have a 72 hour delivery policy together with a request that they be contacted if this is not met.

As they say, one should perhaps judge a business on the manner in which it deals with complaints, assuming of course that the complaint reaches the appropriate person. Putting “F.A.O. The Manager” in an e-mail heading might be appropriate in many cases, as in this one, perhaps?

it might be fair to say that we should consider, equally, the manner in which we complain in order to avoid any unnecessary delay in obtaining a resolution!

And that is a general comment and not aimed at anyone in particular, especially the OP!

Edited By Keith Miles 2 on 09/10/2020 14:26:56