Problems with a supplier

Not sure where I stand on this and would appreciate some advice on what to do next .I order some stuff on line from a Model supplier over 3 weeks ago .I have phone the supplier several times .First he tell me he has dispatched it that day but nothing turns up then he tells me it is out of stock and so on but I never receive anything .I have now told him enough is enough and to refund me my money but he will not saying it has been dispatched and there is nothing he can do about it and will not refund me my money .I paid by credit card but it is below £100 so the credit card company are also not interested .Not sure where I go from here .This can not be right it must be the suppliers problem to sort this out or refund me my money as I have not received the order it must be down to him

Advert

Firstly I'd ask in writing what's actually happening (out of stock or dispatched). If dispatched ask for proof of purchase.

Does your CC company acknowledge Chargeback?

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-claim-on-my-credit-card-when-something-goes-wrong#when-you-can-use-chargeback

I find this sort of 'service' very annoying indeed. You mention that you bought from "an on-line model supplier"..........what does that mean exactly? A well known high street retailer's website? A recognised on-line only retailer? Ebay? No names, no pack drill obviously.

You are well protected by consumer legislation with 'proper' businesses so I'd acquaint yourself with your rights and assert them clearly by phone again and then in writing. Very unusual to get this type of nonsense these days it must be said and never with reputable, well known companies.

Still a complete pain in the neck though.

https://www.localsolicitors.com/consumer-guides/consumer-rights-on-late-and-non-delivered-goods

Edited By Cuban8 on 07/10/2020 21:36:50

I would send a formal complaint by post (recorded delivery) requesting clarification. Request proof of postage of the package be sent to you or a refund and suggest that you are taking legal advice on the matter.

You can also ask for the name of the courier company and that order reference. That way, if the seller is legitimate then they will have no reason not to give you that information so that you can chase it up. Obviously, if they don't give you that information, then that is fairly clear evidence that there is something suspicious happening.

If that is the case, or you have no response, then your only recourse may be to get a little more public. I don't see any harm in doing so if you have had no response from the seller. You need not make an outright accusation. If you simply state the facts without suggesting any deliberate wrongdoing, I can't see any legal objection.

I know it might vary from CC to CC but I had a issue with a company saying they had sent me the item,then they said that it was a mistake had not been sent and was sent that morning,then that did not turn up!

My purchase was apx £30 and Barclaycard was very helpful. asked the details of vendor,did a check on them while on the phone, see that trustpilot had a few bad reports on them!!!

They refunded my money with proviso if it arrives the money will be deducted again.

Hi I would love to name the supplier but not sure about the legal application .Believe it or not it is a well know Mail order model shop This is the first time I have used them (and the last ) .I really do not understand why they are being like this and then they wonder in about 6 months time the go bankrupt because you only get caught out once and like me you never go back again .The other mistake I made after the first was going to them in the first place was ,like an idiot I paid with a debit card not a credit card, big mistake always use your credit card not a debit card .I am going to ring them in a minute and give them one last chance to either dispatched the item today or refund my money today .Failing that I might try Trading Standards to see if they can sort it out .So annoying and in my view should not happen what does he think he is going to achieve by doing this secret

"First he tell me he has dispatched it that day but nothing turns up then he tells me it is out of stock and so on but I never receive anything"

Search for "Consumer Contracts Regulations". There is a handy guide on the Which website here:

Which website

It is the seller's responsibility to ensure what you're ordered arrives at your door in the expected condition.

They have 30 days to get them to you... so you're not at the point where they must refund you - yet. Hang fire for a few more days. When that period expires you can demand refund.

You are also past the 14 day 'cooling off' cancellation period, so they do not have to refund on that basis.

Edited By Nigel R on 08/10/2020 11:58:58

Consider carefully before naming them.
If you are wrong in any legal sense they may have the basis of a libel action against you & the owners of this forum. To defend such an action the onus would be on you to prove that everything you have said of them of is true.

Edited By PatMc on 08/10/2020 12:44:27

Posted by tigerman on 08/10/2020 10:48:24:

Hi I would love to name the supplier but not sure about the legal application .Believe it or not it is a well know Mail order model shop This is the first time I have used them (and the last ) .I really do not understand why they are being like this and then they wonder in about 6 months time the go bankrupt because you only get caught out once and like me you never go back again .The other mistake I made after the first was going to them in the first place was ,like an idiot I paid with a debit card not a credit card, big mistake always use your credit card not a debit card .I am going to ring them in a minute and give them one last chance to either dispatched the item today or refund my money today .Failing that I might try Trading Standards to see if they can sort it out .So annoying and in my view should not happen what does he think he is going to achieve by doing this secret

I can sympathise 100%, please see my recent thread about being scammed.

I would not name and shame, or write threatening letters or e.mails, they could always come back to bite you.

If you get nowhere, try "Action Fraud" as I have.

Very helpful bods who gave me the above advise.

Good luck, I know how frustrating these things are.

Well .I just rang the supplier and he said it was delivered by DHL on the 18 September but it certainly was not delivered to me .He started saying has far has he was concerned it has been delivered and that was it .i then said it was not delivered to my address .He said it was delivered and he could do no more .I ask him for the tracking number which he refuse to give me ( alarm bells starting to ring now ) Luckily for me I check and I had paid for it with my credit card and not my debit card .I told him find I would contact my credit card company to deal with it ,on that he offered to refund me my money back .I will see if he does refund the money so I will have to wait 3 days to see .It sounds to me he never sent the item out and the DHL was a load of hog wash .I tried to check with DHL but they wanted me to ring DHL on a high rate number .You get conned every where now a days .Just can not understand what this guy was trying to gain here frown

Exatly Nigel it is all a bit fishy to me . I wait 3 working days to see if he refunds my money if not I contact my credit card company and I will then name the supplier on this forum because if he does not refund the money to me ,then this is more than likely the supplier is trying it on and trying to scam me What is the problem with giving me the tracking number .Me thinks there is no tracking number for me to check to see if it is all above board .Very Strange I do not understand this blush

Interesting thread , I have been using on line ordering for my rc requirements for quite a while now and 100% during the Covid era. Tend to always use the same suppliers and always get a confirmation of my order usually email then notification of the order being shipped from the supplier and the delivery company including the delivery day, delivery company then send tracking number each has their own slightly different process but essentially the same level of communication. If I find I need to use a new supplier I tend to send a few low cost orders first to see how they handle the shipment process, once I get confident then I will place higher value orders. Whoever you deal with there will be times when things go wrong for no particular reason, the proof of a good supplier is how well they deal with any problem. Hope I continue to avoid the supplier you encountered.

Best of luck

My advice would be to sit tight for a couple of days (however irritating that is), and see if you get that refund.

Pretty certain the item was never sent in the first place, and they are trying to fob you off.

Something seriously amiss if they refuse to give you a tracking number.

Keep us posted.

As we speak, I am waiting patiently to get my £130 back via action fraud!.

"Reading this and the last (closed) thread does nothing to sway my view that honesty is a quickly decreasing value in this world especially when even a well know retailer is playing tricks like this"

Devil's advocate;

Shop takes order, sends out by courier, courier reports signed for and delivered.

Customer phones up and says "never got it, I'd like a refund."

All the shop's evidence says the customer has it and might be pulling a fast one.

Not saying anything is right - but if you were one of those shops that are right and the customer isn't (I found a couple like that, I don't go back) you might just do that, not because you're a dishonest sausage playing tricks, but just that you assume the customer is.

Edited By Nigel R on 08/10/2020 17:31:58

Well finally got all this sorted .rang the shop and ask to speak to the manager ( owner of the shop ) He was unaware of this problem and apologized and he would send out a new order with next day delivery .Being fare the order turned up today no problem .The owner of the shop just rang me to apologize again and said it was down to one of he's shop assistants who forgot to send the order out and then try to make out it was the couriers' fault  and tried to cover he.s tracks by making out it was not he's fault .The owner told me he no longer works at the shop and has given me a voucher for my next purchase for my troubles .So it is all sorted

Edited By tigerman on 09/10/2020 10:37:57