Best charger for 6S 5000mah LiPos

Tim Donald

I need to buy a charger (or multiple chargers) that can easily charge 6S 5000mah LiPos. Ideally I would like to charge 4 LiPos at a time either with one or multiple chargers. Can anybody recommend something reliable and reasonably priced? I would need a mains power supply too if the charger doesn't have one built in.

Thanks.

Advert

I recently had cause to upgrade my old charger as I purchased a 6S 5000mah LiPo, so I bought the Overlander RC6-VSR which seems to work very well and didn't break the bank from PhoenixMP. It can only charge one pack at a time though. HK also produce their own version of this charger, however I didn't want to pay import duty and I also wanted to support Stan Yeo's business, so I buy as much from him as I can.

Thanks Steve - I have the RC6-VSR for my 3S Lipos but it can only charge a 6S, 5000mah at 3.8amps (so less then 1C) as it's only an 80w charger. I set it to 5Amp but it reduces charge to about 3.7 / 3.8Amp. That would take an awful long time to charge up 6 or 8 Lipos. It does work though and has been a good charger for me.

Thanks Flight1. Surprise, surprise - Hobby King don't have either of those chargers in stock. I'm yet to buy anything from them as they never have it available !

Have a look (Google!) for ISDT chargers. I bought one of the smaller ones a few months ago, and it has no problem parallel charging 2x6S 5AH LiPos. It would probably do 3, if I had 3!

Larger ones are available! I bought the small one to take up the field if necessary, but its proven so good I've replaced my RC-D100 with it!

--

Pete

Posted by Tim Donald on 21/10/2020 15:49:40:

Thanks Flight1. Surprise, surprise - Hobby King don't have either of those chargers in stock. I'm yet to buy anything from them as they never have it available !

i know got to be quick with hobbyking due to its competitive prices. i've lost out taking to long to think and it's sold out that day.

As for an alternative don't need hobbking/  the same charger but under another name see here in stock and available with uk plugwink + if you got a wireless charging device/phone it does wireless charging! who!/who

Edited By flight1 on 21/10/2020 16:14:25

Edited By flight1 on 21/10/2020 16:16:16

iCharger 406 Duo for me - spendy but ultra reliable. The ISDT ones look good on paper, but if you search a little further there are plenty of horror stories and their small size and high power does make me wonder how they handle heat build up (multiple accounts online of them cutting out). Whatever you use make sure you have a high quality DC power supply to use with it based on server PSUs - if you don't want to DIY it you can get them off the shelf from Coolice.

"Overlander RC6-VSR"

Have to say, my experiences were short, and ended with magic smoke. Twice. I would not buy again.

For the last 18 months, I've been using:

Reaktor 20A 300W and Reaktor 350W PSU

with a parallel board to do multiple packs.

However, must qualify that by saying the most I ever charge is 4 x 4S 5000mAh lipos at 20A. With 6S the current would come down to 12A stay within the 300W limit. For 6S you could run a bigger, server PSU, and two of the Reaktors.