RX6R not logging correctly

Allan Bennett

Happy New Year to all who read this.

Today I flew a small foamie model with my RX6R receiver and Taranis X9D+2019 transmitter with the aim of discovering any problems with signal reception, since it was the receiver that was in another model which I crashed a few months ago.

I went throught the 'Discover sensors' routine and, since returning home have checked that RSSI, RxBt, and A2 are showing the Telemetry screen. But when I use OTX Companion to view today's log I get the message that 'The selected log file contains 3932 invalid lines out of 4268 total lines' and, when I click on 'OK' on the error messge, RSSI and RxBt (and A2) are not shown in the 'Available fields' list. In addition, only 2m 20s of what was about a 7m 30s flight are shown.

A couple of 10-minute flights with my quad with an RXS-FC OMNIBUS F4 V6 and the same Tx immediately after my RX6R flight has logged correctly, without an error message, and showing RSSI, RxBt, as well as Alt(m) and Curr(A). Looking through my other log files, it seems that this RX6R is the only one that's producing invalid lines. If that means the receiver is faulty in some way, maybe I should bin it in case the fault (or another one) affects controls.

Any thoughts on the matter please?

With the RX6R swap did you delete any sensors on that model memory before discovering them for the new receiver? I ask as I've been updating to V2.1 and when I look at some of the logs for the one model that I've set up so far (Acrowot with Neuron esc and a new S6R Archer rx) I get invalid lines reported. The top line showing the column names is showing odd values for RPM (19.18) on logs before I deleted and rediscovered the appropriate sensors. There also seem to be multiple BecV and BecA entries!

I used to get invalid entries when the clock battery went flat but that shouldn't happen if you are showing the correct date and time.

I didn't delete any sensors on that model memory. When I crashed my model a couple of months ago I thought I could check the log, but I hadn't realised I needed to 'Discover sensors' to get RSSI and RxBt reporting (I thought that was only needed when one added external sensors), so I then discovered them for the first time. Being wary, when I got to the field today I checked my Tx, and they weren't showing, so I 'Discovered sensors' again and saw them listed on the screen.

This particular receiver was new for the crashed model and, prior to the fateful flight, had been upgraded to v2.1 firmware. On learning about the requirement to 'Discover sensors' I did it for my other models, and they have produced correct logs showing RSSI and RxBt, all running v2.1 firmware. And they all show correct date and time.

Checking back through my logs I notice that all 6 logs, including some short ones generated when the Rx was being setup in the workshop, for this particular Rx show the 'invalid lines' message.

BTW, I was using the same model memory today as had been used with the crashed model.  With the foamie model's controls plugged into the appropriate channels, only small trims were needed.

Edited By Allan Bennett on 03/01/2021 20:05:06