Leicester Model Center Harrier Gr1 / Gr3

Brian_B

Hi all

I have a leicester model center Harrier Gr1 / Gr3 fiberglass not bad condition for the age never been built apart from the wing is glued together

Looking for any information on maybe what it might be worth ?

(wings are foam with a veneer on top) I have never seen another one like it. the body looks about 5ft long again all fiberglass

I have had it a good number of years and its up in the attic still gathering dust I will get some pictures of it when I can get it down.

I also have a phantom also fiberglass this as the same as the above is about 5ft long, a Peterborough models bae hawk again fiberglass might be a couple of bits of the tail missing if I remember right (I might have drawings of the tail)

I just dont have any idea of sale value especially the harrier please go easy on me.......

Brian

I have seen the phantom fly on a D/F and the hawk fly with a small turbine in it. a couple of years ago

But the harrier I think it would look awesome finished and flying but I have too many toys

but looking at maybe parting with some not 100% decided yet but looking at how much it might be worth as I dont really want to just give it away.....

Bri

I built one of these kits many years ago and it built up into a really lovely model,looked very realistic with flashing beacons.Powered with a HP 61 Gold cup with a tuned pipe going into the right hand engine intake and exiting via the front nozzle so it was well hidden.

Only had one flight but it flew vey well and looked good in the air.The main weakness was the main undercarriage wheel mounting which was a very poor design and broke away as soon as it touched down.The landing was not hard but it was on grass.

I saw the prototype flown by LMC at the Nationals,flew great, but as soon as it landed on the tarmac the u/c broke away.Should you go ahead with the build Brian pay attention to the mounting it really needs to be much stonger but you will end up with a really great aircraft.

Edited By BrianB on 16/01/2021 10:14:40

Hi many thanks for taking a look and your time in replying it is very much appreciated.

Just a couple or reply's

David I do not see any exhaust nozzles with it. But I suppose you could make some for it...

Dirk yes it does have some of the veneer lifting but that is to be expected I suppose with the age of it..

And not that really a hard problem with a repair on the wing as I have repaired veneer lifting in the past with some of my other older models. ( the wing is how I got it many years ago when I purchased the model)

Again mainly looking for a price to see how much it could possibly sell for or be worth.. as I am not 100% in to selling it or not as of yet. As yes I do think it would make a great model but I am thinking would I ever get around to building it.

Again very much appreciated in the reply's about the Harrier.

Bri