Transmitter LiPo Charge Level

Capt Kremen

Given we are all biding our time until released to fly again and the recent discussion(s) about LiPo storage, what about our currently dormant LiPo 'stored' in our Tx?

Many, if not most Tx feature LiPo, either as removeable packs or physically solder/welded into the set e.g. Multiplex 'Cockpit'.

Whilst I've never, (touch wood), had any issues with such LiPo Tx installations, charge state has varied from near full, (after an abandoned flying session), to near empty, (long flying session). Add to which I keep all my Tx in the dry within the house.

What do others do with their LiPo fitted Tx? I'm guessing it is not critical or we would be advised or incidents highlight. A current LiPo in a Tx is now several years into use and still holding up well in performance. Curious to know though others thoughts though.

Capt, bear in mind the MPX Cockpit (and Profi) use LiFe packs not LiPo packs, I don't think LiFe cells are affected in the same way as LiPo cells, but it won't do any harm to run them down to 60-70% for long term storage.

BTW my 7 year old Profi has over 800 hours under it's belt and the LiFe battery has pretty much the same capacity as new and it lives in the garage.

• Like 1