Incident angle.

Basil

KC the datum line is the top of the fuse.I leveled the fuse,then drew a right angled line to the straight bottom of the airfoil on the new wing mount,as per plan . On the plan the bottom of the airfoil is parrallel to a line extended forward from the rear fuse. Its almost impossible to do this by phyisically extending the fuse datum upward directly to the wing.So adopted AM method that in theory would give the correct result.

Any way job done, was a hundred times easier than the first time.

Bas

Advert

KC, I posted a reply yesterday, must have done something wrong as it has not appeared.The flat bottomed airfoil section is parallel to the flat top fuse of the rear. I leveled the base board both N/S & E/W, leveled the fuse. Drew a 90 deg line against the flat bottomed airfoil section, then using a large metal set square mounted the cabin wing mount  against it. This gave the correct  horizontal angle of incidence. The part had then to be mounted vertically against a premarked position. Just need  more than one set of hands, for a novice.

This was a simillar method arrived at in the first instance, allbeit at the wrong angle, thats why it took me so long to work out, and to actually acheive, as I had never encounted this set of build parameters before.I will try and post a piccy, if I can work it out.

I have learned a lot, and are still learning.

Thanks to everybody.

Bas