What order to assemble prop and spinner onto motor shaft?

Mitchell Howard

Having some fun getting a clear answer on this, but don't remember asking here; what order are these bits supposed to go onto the motor shaft?

I've opted for;

metal washer with rough face away from motor > spinner backplate > prop (with bore adjusting bush inside) > metal domed nut > spinner cone/cover.

Should the washer be somewhere else? The rest is obvious. How important is it?

IMG_20200412_213705-02.jpeg

Advert

1 minute ago, Gary Manuel said:

spinner backplate > prop (with writing away from the motor) > metal washer with rough face towards prop > metal domed nut > > spinner cone/cover.

Thanks Gary - there's a small radius on the silver ?hub? attached to the motor can - it prevents the spinner backplate (and currently the washer) from sitting flush up against it - there's only a smidge of daylight through the gap, but didn't seem right to me. Any idea?

Just now, Mitchell Howard said:

Thanks Gary - there's a small radius on the silver ?hub? attached to the motor can - it prevents the spinner backplate (and currently the washer) from sitting flush up against it - there's only a smidge of daylight through the gap, but didn't seem right to me. Any idea?

Use a countersink bit or large diameter drill bit to remove a small chamfer of plastic from the rear of the plastic spinner base so that it fits flush onto the hub.

• Like 1