PB1-B Sky Voyager Rubber Powered

I've been trolling through a lot of YouTube videos lately and came across some free flight rubber powered models. I haven't flown rubber power since the early 1970's as a young teenager so I thought this might be something different to RC and a bit of fun, so I bought the P1B-1 Sky Voyager from a recommendation and this video is my 1st tentative flights with this model. If you want to know where to get one from then there is a couple of links on my YouTube page. 

• Like 1

Advert

An old hand drill with an hook in the chuck is/was a common winder. Guess you could have a battery drill/screwdriver today [ just an idea ]. 

My only attempt's at rubber power was my first model a KK Hurricane [ not enough know how for a chance of success ] and then after a couple of gliders later a classic KK Ajax that exploded in my hand ?with tissue and balsa scattering everywhere.  Next model a KK Ladybird had a DC merlin.

1 hour ago, J D 8 said:

An old hand drill with an hook in the chuck is/was a common winder. Guess you could have a battery drill/screwdriver today [ just an idea ]. 

My only attempt's at rubber power was my first model a KK Hurricane [ not enough know how for a chance of success ] and then after a couple of gliders later a classic KK Ajax that exploded in my hand ?with tissue and balsa scattering everywhere.  Next model a KK Ladybird had a DC merlin.

I've now purchased a 10-1 hand winder for £10. I just need to buy the materials to build a winding stooge now. 

11 hours ago, Tim Hooper said:

I've bought one after seeing several videos on YouTube, but it's still in the box awaiting assembly.

There's a gent who's fitted RC gear to his.

Tim

Yes it was Josh Fynn, (the guy in this video) that prompted me to buy one. He has several videos about this model. I know one other guy who has bought one and has assembled his as 1ch RC but hasn't had the conditions to fly it yet. I do have some micro RC gear I can fit and may yet do so.