Canopy servo driven open/shut

Hi, everyone! I'm currently fitting out a Banana Hobby F18, which features electric/servo driven opening and closing. The (continuous action?) servo has only a negative and positive lead - no signal wire.The whole thing drives a captured, threaded bolt to raise and lower the canopy.

Does anyone know how this operates, please? I have tried a straightforward 'plug-in' with a Nimh flight battery, with no response. I'm loathe to reverse the polarity to see if it operates, in case I faff it up!

Thank you,

Den, Abertawe.

Advert

I found this article which employs a simple motor and reduction gearbox to animate a canopy, it shows the detail of how to wire up the motor with two limit switches and two diodes. The article is copyrighted so unfortunately I cannot cut and paste the image.

If not, why not replace the existing two wire servo with a conventional one - depending on the linkages? I once had a pilot figure with a moveable arm to 'wave' at passers by - a bit like the Queen in her carriage or the Monty Python sketch with the counter balanced arm.