Sanwa CH82 Crystal set TX and RX

Kevin Fairgrieve

I have  a hankering for a complete retro set up, to include 35MHz radio gear.

I acquired a Sanwa RD6000 Super with Rx from ebay for £10.00 posted to my door. My first computer radio was an RD6000 Super, indeed I converted three of them to 2.4.

Now when I flew 35MHz back in the day my CH was 82. To make the nostalgia complete I would like to use 82 for this set up.

So does any one have a set of Sanwa 82 Xtals going for a song?

Thanks in advance .

Kev

Advert

Hi Kevin,

I still have an RD6000 Sport and an RD6000 Super, plus loads of RXs - but all on Channel 88.  Great transmitters.

However I picked up that you have converted three of these to 2.Ghz (presumably successfully) and I would be grateful to learn how you did this. 

I would love to convert mine to Spektrum 2.4 if possible, so any advice would be gratefully received.

Edited by Romeo Whisky
Typo

Converting RD6000 to Spectrum could be difficult??? But I have converted many to Corona and a few to Frsky  using the DIY kits from Hobby king , all work well !! 

I think there are some good utube vids showing the conversion and some photos on this site somewhere !!

6 hours ago, Romeo Whisky said:

Hi Kevin,

I still have an RD6000 Sport and an RD6000 Super, plus loads of RXs - but all on Channel 88.  Great transmitters.

However I picked up that you have converted three of these to 2.Ghz (presumably successfully) and I would be grateful to learn how you did this. 

I would love to convert mine to Spektrum 2.4 if possible, so any advice would be gratefully received.

1 hour ago, Stuphedd said:

Converting RD6000 to Spectrum could be difficult??? But I have converted many to Corona and a few to Frsky  using the DIY kits from Hobby king , all work well !! 

I think there are some good utube vids showing the conversion and some photos on this site somewhere !!

The three I converted were all to FrSky, Spektrum would be possible but not an easy task.

Look here for some info. Lemon Conversion.

A link to my one of my conversions. Conversion to FrSky

Still looking for the Xtals though. I guess I will have to use the supplied CH70

Kev

Edited by Kevin Fairgrieve