Kit parts inventory- best practice?

PWLT

Hi

I’m just about to start my first scale kit build. It’s a BUSA Citabria Pro which is very much a traditional build and is supplied as the proverbial “box of sticks”! 

The company and kits have a great reputation but whilst they do supply detailed plans and illustrated instructions, they don’t include an inventory of materials and/or parts. 

So before I reinvent the wheel I was wondering if there is a best practice way to complete an inventory/audit of what has been supplied and cross referencing that to the plans and instructions? 

My simplistic approach at the moment is to layout and group all stock, give each resulting bundle an ID tag and annotate this in the instructions. 

Unfortunately, the kit arrived with the box slightly damaged with the lid partly open, which is why I’m concerned about potentially missing pieces.

I have no doubt the company would re supply anything that is missing, but since I imported/purchased it directly from them, anything missing may take weeks to arrive. Hence my motivation to find out sooner rather than later and have to stall the build at some point in the future. 

Many thanks in advance for any insight into what works for others, especially if you have experience of BUSA kits. 

Regards to all…

Peter

DB73445D-F5D1-4145-A4F6-988C9726343C.jpeg

18D1D129-4D54-4879-A0F6-60B8E5EB8E06.jpeg

Advert

I don't think you can do any better than that you've already done - gone through the box and labelled everything you've got with reference to the plan and instructions.

If there is anything missing, its bound only to be a small part - say a little plastic packet of wheel collets or similar - stuff which can be replaced almost overnight from a UK retailer.

• Thanks 1