Twister Flightimes

Biggles1961

HI There,

Hope someone can help.

I have a Twister Coastguard, and I'm not sure it is performing as it should. On a fully charged battery, i'm getting about 3 minutes of great flying, before the model loses power, and refuses to go any higher than 18 inches, for a further 3-4 minutes, before the Low Battery Warning light comes on. A new battery, and motor heatsink, has not changed things at all. Is the standard 800mah batteries only good for 3 minutes?, or is there something more fundamental going on?.

Thanks For Looking

Chris

Advert

Oo er, that doesn't sound right. I had the Skylift and even with 4 motors I was getting about six minutes from the standard 800 lipo, and I get about ten minutes from my Blade cx.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that there may be a fault with the 3 in 1 unit. I had to change the one in the Skylift when it suddenly refused to power the servos, but once changed, everthing was back to normal.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

Hi all

I have just gone through a similar problem with my esky Robins 22, and all I did was to fit a set of xtreme blades, and the red lite was on most of the flyte and like you said only half the flying time, and it turns out to be the pitch adjuster on the top blades that needs to be set up, to make sore that when the fly bar is leavel, that the blade angle is the same as the bottom set, and then all was back to normal, hope this is the same problem, and not some electronic issue, hope this is of some help.

long and happy hovering Owen. 

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your ideas!.

Hi Eric, I have charged the batteies, with my 'super-duper', all singing, all dancing charger, and get a 4.20v per cell, and over 800mah indicated, so it looks like it it will not be the batteries.

Hello Owen, this morning I replaced all rotor blades, and reset them, as well as checking fly bar for balance/straightness. Have just flown, and although a lot smoother, fault still the same. (BUGGER!).

Well Simon. looks like it could well be an electronic fault, as I get no motor speed increase, after 3 minutes, even when pushing throttle trim all the way up. Must be limiting power to the motors, as all other functions are normal, and will happily fly as normal, but only 18" off the ground!!.

Can't afford a new 3in1 unit at the moment (£34.99!). Will keep flying 'as is', and will report back when new unit fitted

Hi There Kev,

THANKS!!!. Have had a close look at a picture of the 180s, and as you said, chances are they will fit the Twister (amonst others). As with a lot of imports, many parts are 'generic'. So thank-you for your 'recommendation' on a supplier, I'm off to order them now!!.

Safe Flying, and Best Regards

Chris.   

Hi Kev,

I thought i'd try one of those batteries from Budget RC. Only £5.99, and it's AMAZING!. Fits the Twister, no problem at all. My flight times are longer, and although I still have the throttle problem after about 3 mins, the hele now quite happily flies around about 6 - 7 ft off the ground. I have ordered the Extrememotors from Heliguy, and they are on back order, as he was 'nil stock'.

Keep 'em Flying!

Chris. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Have received my new Extreme 180 motors from Heliguy, and been busy in 'The Hangar' fitting them this afternoon. Have just test flown the Heli, and am pleased to report, that all is well. 10 Mins flight easily achieveable, and with the new set up, the Cosatguard is definately more responsive, with more power, and runs cooler and smoother. Thanks for your suggestions Kev, I'm really pleased with my Heli now.

Merry Christmas Fellow Flyers!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys interesting read..I have the medivac and coast gaurd and have had many problems.My medivac is on its third main rotor motor......so i also bought the xtreme 180s for it,and its only 3 weeks old.The coast gaurd would only fly 3ft of the ground out of the box!!  and now the main rotor motor has gone on that....I have only had that for a week.

They say these things are  pre test flown, I have my doubts.And with the same motor going in  on both models i suspect  a defect of some sort.As you know the main rotor blades give it the lift......Mabe too much stress for those pityfull little motors they come with...I dont know about you guys but i paid alot of money and didnt expect to pay even more so early in its life.....with the exception to damage....Hope you have had a good christmas I have just done the swashplate in my medivac with the xtreme motors in it so now both choppers are" hanger bound" also..Thanks ChrisB  for that one.

I bought my xtreme 180 motors from this site...They will fit the medivac and coast gaurd and blackhawk.....But taking the body work off the caost/black hawk looks like a drama

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2029

Great price,in US dollars just do the conversion but here in Australia they are $28AU each....and the two cost me about $48AU deliverd to my door  4-6 days..Great to deal with they actually come from Hong Kong..so  UK  would be more the 4 day delivery I suspect..........They are worth the money look and go well.

I have the Coastguard, I get at least 8 minutes. I do not tend to go much above 2-3'  due to height of ceiling in the Church hall and our kitchen ceiling.

The information regarding batteries and motors is interesting. I intend to take note of what has been done and bought.

To date I am quite pleased with my Coastguard Twister.

Erfolg