Seagull jumper 25 High Wing Trainer Engine Mod

Matthew Jones

Rather than coming over as a very critical bunch who may never had made mistakes, it would be far better if you made positive contribution.

"yes Mathew you did very well on your first flight but there are a number of issues that might save you a lot of problems and grief in the future.

Smart Alex comments like "Did I miss something?" are not positive. If you don't no and get away with it then you will continue and why do you hold it up?

Think positive and give positive guidance

Hi Phil, its quite an old engine and it is was running rich, plus a wrong prop choice was making it bog down a bit, plus its the first i/c engine i've ever played with.....................although beginning to wish that i hadn't put this post and video on this site by all the  bad vibe that iv'e received....................

Hi Mathew - I have been watching the thread closely, and appreciate that you are getting a little stick, and feeling a bit miffed .

However, as has been said, one or two things within your video do cause concern, most especially the un-restrained model and the dog running around. No-one wants to spoil your fun - heck, fun is what this sport should be all about, and unfortunately it can sometimes seem like the killjoys are just making up rules and having a go for the hell of it.

I am sure that is not the intention from the people who have posted - they / we / I am just concerned for your safety ( and little fido ) and these are valid points.

Seems like the heat is dying down a little now, so please take the comments constructively, and rest assured we try hard to ensure that advice given here is both accurate, meaningful, and last of all friendly....dont worry, I will moderate things if it becomes necessary, which thankfully is very rare as we have a good bunch of folk here - trust me - on certain other forums you would have been ripped to a very undignified pulp by now !

Have fun, and fly safe....as the old BMFA motto went "safe flying is no accident"

• 6 years later...

Hi Mathew, bit late I know but why not try winding the motor up to full chat, i.e. take off revs then stick your finger in the prop. See what your dog would feel if it got in the way. I did that by accident and spent 4 hours in A&E not a happy time. I'm sure we have all done stupid things but mostly by accident ?.