Advert

Hello DG,

As Timbo says, if you could tell us what kind of thing you are looking for, fixed pitch, collective, co-axial...

I have got the E-flite Blade cx2 which is a good heli, co-axial and stable, and the Twister Hawks are good aswell, and cheaper. But for flying around the sitting room, look at the new E-flite Blade MCX. It comes complete for around £80:00 and performs very well...very stable...and possibly a good starting point for your son.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, Timbo I put a thread on the heli section reegading my twister, don't matter what I do to it, it keeps on taking off to the right, I have adjusted the trims I have adjusted the linkage, but it still shoots off to the right, even with full left trim, I put it over to the left of the room can't even get it to hover much 'because it shoots off to the right and invariably hits something before I have to shut it down.

Assuming all the linkages are correct and the servos are working ok, it could be the gain potentiometer on the 4-in-1 unit. If you look at the 4-in-1 from the side, there are 2 small screwdriver slots - I think the one on the left as you look at them is the 'gain' pot.

Unplug the battery and turn it say 1/4 turn anticlockwise, then plug back in & try again. At some point or other it will start going in the opposite direction - at that point centre the trims & start moving the gain clockwise until it's more stable. A Twister Bell/Medevac/Hawk should almost hover hands off if properly set up.

If that fails then I recommend you take it to your LMS or club to see if you can get some assistance from the experts